Sun and Moon festival is based at Merrist Wood College - just outside of Guildford, Surrey
The campus is set in 400 acres of gorgeous grounds, with woodlands and rolling hills all around. The college has a mix of traditional buildings, and more modern ones, some of which we use for workshops during the festival. Despite the large grounds, the campus is actually very compact, and the distance between the bedrooms, camping and workshops is minimal.
We benefit from having several workshop rooms inside the college, which we will be using as follows:
- Dance Studio - a large wooden floored room
- Gorgeous Yoga / Pilates Studio
- 6 further Workshop Rooms
Apart from these indoor rooms we will also have marquees as follows in the garden next to the workshop rooms:
- Main Marquee - for eating, relaxation, socialising and parents with toddlers and babies. This is also the main information and meeting point.
- Art and Craft space - for art and craft workshops and open all day to go and get creative with the many materials provided
- Children's Area - A whole field dedicated to the younger tribe members
- Drumming space - for getting your groove on...
- Sports fields - football, volleyball and rounders set up
- Wifi throughout the campus and bedrooms
- 400 acres of private grounds
The large field in front of the college will be dedicated to camping. There is easy access to hot showers and bathrooms in the sports pavilion, plus portable loos in the actual field. Further bathrooms are in the college buildings, for use during the daytime. The male showers are open plan - not cubicles - but the female showers are closed cubicles.
CAMPERVANS / CARAVANS
There is space for campervans and caravans, in the same field as the marquees and the main camping area. The bathrooms will be close by, behind the Tithe Barn. The showers will be further, as they are the same showers used by the campers. An extra charge will be applied for campervans and caravans, as capacity is limited for these.
FIRES FOR CAMPERS
Campfires are not permitted in either area, but you may bring gas cookers for cooking with. There will be a camp fire in a separate space for late night gatherings
We have 60 bedrooms available. These are mainly single rooms, with some twin rooms. See the accommodation section for more information.
There is plenty of parking available on site, free of charge. This is on the main field. There will be access to the camping area on arrival, but then the area will be closed off, and all cars should be parked back in the main car park. Access to the main festival area will be completely restricted to cars as we want to create a quiet and safe space for our festival
SITE MAP - to follow