Volunteering at Sun and Moon Festival
Types of positions available:
- Assisting in Sports / Arts / Crafts / other activities for children
- Assisting at the festival reception / information desk
- Assisting in looking after the younger children (age groups 0-4 and 5-8)
- Assisting in the kitchen
Volunteer are expected to help for just 4 hours a day and all day on the arrival day and departure day.
You would have the following benefits:
Food and accommodation:
- Free entry to the festival
- Free meals (3 meals per day)
- Be an integral part of something wonderful
We do charge for bedrooms if you require that.
Experience tells us that sadly, people don't always turn up for these roles, especially if they have not paid anything to attend. As such, if this is your first year volunteering, we will ask you for £50 deposit, which will be refunded to you at the festival. If you cancel up to one month before the festival this would be returned in full. There is no refund for those who do not turn up or cancel within one month of the festival start date.
- All volunteers are requested to arrive early on the first day or even the night before, and to help out all day on departure day
All volunteers should generally assist in
- Helping guests find their way about
- Tidying up mess if you see it
- Dealing with any problems
- Assisting with festival set-up and decorating
- Assisting in "breaking down" the festival and tidying up after the event