Sun and Moon festival is based at the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester - in the lovely Cotswolds Area of Natural Beauty
The campus is set in 27 acres of gorgeous grounds, with beautiful buildings that even form the backdrop of a well-known historical television series. Despite the large grounds, the campus is actually very compact, and the distance between the bedrooms, camping and workshops is minimal.
We benefit from having several workshop rooms inside the RAU, which we will be using as follows:
- Dance Studio - the "Tithe Barn", also used for the evening gatherings
- 2 Yoga / Pilates Studio
- 5 further Workshop Rooms
- Consultation rooms for 1-2-1 sessions
Apart from these indoor rooms we will also have marquees as follows in the garden next to the workshop rooms:
- Main Marquee - for relaxation, socialising and parents with toddlers and babies. This is also the main information and meeting point.
- Art and Craft space - for art and craft workshops and open all day to go and get creative with the many materials provided
- Children's Area - A whole field dedicated to the younger tribe members
- Drumming space - for getting your groove on...
- Sports fields - football, volleyball and rounders set up
- 2 Tennis courts
- Sports Hall (for use in the event of rain)
- Outdoors table tennis tables
- Wifi throughout the campus and bedrooms
- 27 acres of private grounds
- Cirencester open air swimming pool just 1.5 miles away (you can walk through the Cirencester park to get there)
- Cotswold Leisure Centre and indoor pool - just 1 mile away
- The Cotswolds Area of Natural Beauty on your doorstep
- Cotswold Country Park and Beach (lakes) - just 6 miles away
The large rugby field in front of the university will be dedicated to camping. There is easy access to hot showers and bathrooms in the rugby pavilion. Further bathrooms are in the main building, behind the Tithe Barn, and these are also open all night. The showers are open plan - not cubicles - but there are 3 sections, which will be split into male, female, and family use
CAMPERVANS / CARAVANS
There is limited space for campervans and caravans, which will be a hard surface area near to the workshop rooms and main marquee area. The bathrooms will be close by, behind the Tithe Barn. The showers will be further, as they are the same showers used by the campers. An extra charge will be applied for campervans and caravans, as capacity is limited for these.
FIRES FOR CAMPERS
Campfires are not permitted in either area, but you may bring gas cookers for cooking with. There will be a camp fire in the activities field for late night gatherings
We have 80 bedrooms available. There are single rooms, twin rooms and family rooms that can sleep 4 people - all bedrooms are en-suite. See the accommodation section for more information.
There is plenty of parking available on site, free of charge. This is next to the accommodation buildings. There will be access to the camping area on arrival, but then the area will be closed off, and all cars should be parked back in the main car park. Access to the main festival area will be completely restricted to cars as we want to create a quiet and safe space for our festival
SITE MAP - download site map in PDF format