Sun and Moon festival is based at Herstmonceux Castle in east Sussex, and set in 500 acres of fields and woodlands
The heart of the festival will be in the gardens, just across the moat from the castle. Access will be via the draw bridge!
(For a map of the festival scroll down the page or click here to download in PDF format)
We benefit from having 6 workshop rooms inside the castle, which we will be using as follows:
- Dance Studio - the castle "Ballroom" with it's amazing, sprung floor. Perfect for dancing
- Yoga / Pilates Studio
- 4 further Workshop Rooms
Apart from these indoor rooms we will also have marquees as follows in the garden (the heart of the festival):
- Main Marquee - for relaxation, live music sessions, socialising and parents with toddlers and babies. This is also the main information and meeting point.
- Art and Craft marquee - for art and craft workshops and open all day to go and get creative with the many materials provided
- Children's Area - open all day with different activities aimed at the younger tribe members
- Chill out space - for chilling out and singing mantras, meditation, etc
- Sports fields
- Tennis court
- Sports Hall (for use in the event of rain)
- Wifi throughout the castle and campus rooms
- 500 acres of private grounds
CAMPING / CAMPERVANS / CARAVANS
Two areas will be dedicated to camping. The first will be located close to the halls of residence, with easy access to showers and bathrooms there. This will be the place for campervans and caravans as well. A further field will also be available for "wild" camping, with no vehicle access, a truly natural environment surrounded by trees and fields - but no showers close by!
Campfires are not permitted in either area, but you may bring gas cookers for cooking with. There will be a camp fire in the main festival area
The castle offers us 160 beds in indoor rooms. There are single rooms and twin rooms with shared bathrooms or en-suite available. There are also a few family rooms that can sleep 4 people. See the accommodation section for more information
There is plenty of parking available on site, free of charge. This is next to the accommodation building and main camping area. Access to the main festival area will be completely restricted though as we do not wish to have cars moving around us at the festival